Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Stairway to sky(train)

To complete the series of monochrome images I'd like to include this one, from Bangkok, that I always wanted to publish, but never was in a mood too. Thailand is a land of many colours and to make a black&white frame felt almost like a sacrilege...

I am not 100% sure, but I believe this is the view from the entrance to Terminal 21 on one of the exits from the sky train (BTS) at the Asok station. What I liked about this frame was how the stairs compose with the rest of surrounding architectural elements.

Of course, it being Thailand, I could not resist to add some warmth to the monochrome image. Though - give the recent Mad Max hype - maybe it would have looked better in chrome?

Sony RX100M3, 34mm, 1/13s @ f/11, iso 80

No comments:

Post a Comment