Sunday, February 1, 2015

Going home

iPhone 5s, auto, VSCOCam
Four things.

First, I am back to cold Montreal, after three months in beautiful and warm - in many aspects - South-East Asia. Last year it was this picture I chose to say my good byes. This year I could not have a better shot than this one.

Second, even though I mostly stayed in one place (Chiang Mai, where else?), it was two weeks of holidays in Laos that were the highlight of this winter. I met many wonderful people, both falangs and locals. And I was blessed with the company of a special friend who travelled with me right from the Thai border up until the last moment before I embarked on this boat. It was a wonderful trip.

Third, another friend recommended VSCOCam app for my iPhone camera. Indeed, it offers a great deal of control when taking quick snapshots - for anything else I have other "real" cameras. Snapseed is the best on-the-device editing app (if you exclude Lightroom Mobile). Camera+ has many advanced shooting and editing options. But when it comes to taking the phone off the pocket and just taking picture, VSCOCam is the best.

Fourth, I still have many photos and I will certainly post them here. Just think of this one as my way of saying:

"Good bye, Asia. See you next winter."

No comments:

Post a Comment