Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Isaan morning

Nikon 7100, 75mm, 1/50s @ f/16, iso 500
Something always has drawn me to Isaan, the eastern part of Thailand, where people speak a mix of Thai and Lao. Maybe it was the influence of my first Thai teacher? Maybe it is because possibly every Isaan-born person I met was extremely nice and always cheerful?

Indeed, when I was planning my trip around Laos, my first idea was to cross from Vientiane to Udon Thani and explore this part of the country from there. Well, it turned out I enjoyed Laos so much that I ended up going all the way to the south. And that's where I crossed back to Thailand, only not to Udon, but Ubon.

And Isaan did not disappoint me. Great people, awesome food and sights like this one. Next year I may be working from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment