Friday, February 6, 2015

It's time

Nikon 7100, 450mm, 1/40s @ f/16, iso 100
I added sunset on a river in Vang Vieng recently, but it seems like people like sunsets. So here's another one - a sea sunset at Ao Nang Beach in Thailand.

I must admit, I had (and still have) mixed feelings about Krabi. It is a nice place, with multitude of good sights and landscape spots. It is not as crazy as Phuket (Patong especially). But it is still a tourist trap. Not many ways to meet and befriend locals. Also - and I am writing this from -20℃ Montreal - a bit too hot for my taste. Granted, I did not go to Koh Lanta, which everybody recommends. Well, there is always the next year.

But back to the picture. Unlike many others, I took this one using a telephoto lens (70-300mm, effectively 105-450mm on my DX Nikon). This gave a bigger than usual sun circle with a nice cloud pattern. You can also see some of the sunspots. I must try it again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment